A beautiful cottage with stunning views of Kielder Water
Otterstone Cottage, Kielder Water
This lovely, spacious, refurbished 200-year-old stone cottage is in a truly beautiful location, with stunning views over Kielder Water.
Otterstone is the perfect base for fishing, walking and cycling, and is a favourite area with stargazers (read about star-gazing at Otterstone here) – due to the lack of street lighting.
There are two double bedrooms and can accommodate up to four.
Slate flooring, log burning stove, enclosed gardens and french windows looking over the water add to the charm of this delightful cottage.
There are excellent walks on the doorstep around the reservoir and fishing, woodlands trails, cycling, a swimming pool, and water sports are all within the immediate vicinity.
There is an abundance of wildlife including Roe Deer and red squirrels. There is also a Birds of Prey Centre nearby.
- Sleeps 4 people – 2 bedrooms
- Pets welcome
- Stunning views over Kielder Water
- Kielder Water & Forest Park & activities. The perfect location for Kielder Winter Wonderland! (booking essential)
- An ideal base for sailing, swimming,walking, cycling and simply relaxing…
Prices & Availability
Features / Details
- Ground floor
- Kitchen/dining room with electric cooker, hob, microwave, washing machine and fridge/freezer
- Living room with log burning stove, TV/DVD/Sky and French windows onto garden
- Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, WC and basin
- First floor
- Bedroom 1 with king size bed
- Bedroom 2 with super king size bed
- Large lawn garden to front and good sized enclosed back garden with decking and awning
- Summerhouse overlooking Kielder Water
- Other information
- Saturday changeover
- Free Wifi
- All power and linen included in rent
- Travel cot & highchair on request
- Washing machine
- Oil central heating for cooler months
- Woodburning stoves in both lounges (starter packs during winter months)
- Gated parking in private layby to the side of the cottage, more communal parking available opposite the property
- No smoking
- Note: Our visitors often find it useful to arrange delivery of their online shopping (e.g. Tesco) to the cottage rather than have to bring provisions in the car.
- Access statement
- To view the access statement for Otterstone cottage, click here.
5 Yarrow Moor
Drive west along the A69 towards Hexham for about 14 miles. Near Corbridge, head north (right) along the A68 for about 12 miles and turn left onto the Redesmouth Road. Continue through Redesmouth village then, in Bellingham turn left on to the B6320. After crossing the bridge (over the River North Tyne), turn right after about 200m onto the minor road. Continue on this road for about 9 miles (with the river to the right), past Stannersburn (to the left). Otterstone is the first of the row of cottages on the right of the road (If you can see Kielder Water and the dam to the right, you have probably gone past the cottage.)